Welcome to Day 4 of your 5 Day Self Care Journey
This is an opportunity to explore different practices to create your personal long term self care ritual. Today’s focus is ‘Cultivating Inner Strength’
Join Andy for this 20 minute Slow Flow & Pranayama practice drawing on your inner power through controlled movement and breath.
Join Hang from Saigon Om for this 10 minute Meditation focusing on Breath, Body-Mind & Present Moment.
Your Self Care Ritual:
Cultivating inner strength helps us to feel empowered in our lives, our decisions, our actions and to move through life with confidence and self love. Try the following practice to feel empowered in all areas of your life.
- Close your eyes and let your awareness turn inward to your breathing & sensations in your body. Breathe deeply for 1-2 minutes until you feel your body & mind relax.
- Think of a time during the last few days when you gave away your power.
- Do a scan of your body from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet, what do you notice? Where is the body feeling tightness or tension? Allow whatever to arise to be greeted with acceptance.
- What is the story you are telling yourself? Now ask yourself: “How old is this part of you that believes/is experiencing this story?
- Tell yourself, “I transform and let go.” You are letting go of this thought so that it has no power over you.
- Open your eyes and shake it off. Do a few movements in your body to somatically discharge any old, disempowering beliefs that do not serve you.
- Now bring awareness to your belly, connect to your strength, the talents that you have been cultivating for years, your resilience, and your good worth. Feel the many ways that you are a powerful person. What new and empowered thought can you feel right now?
As you move into the rest of your day, come back to the wise and strong person that you are. Connect to this place of inner strength and stand from this spot.